Joseph Michael Shields, BSc
I’m a Release Engineer for Xamarin Inc.
I can do Windows, Linux and Solaris, and I can do C#. I can do quite a few more languages than that, but those are the ones that will keep my sanity preserved as long as possible. Actually, I lie. I can’t use Solaris and remain sane.
As this site bears witness, I can do XHTML too, with some friendly assistance from Google.
I’m thirty years young, and married to a young lady named Fliss.
If you want to contact me, try firstname.lastname@example.org, or catch me on IRC – I frequent several places, notably #ubuntu-uk on Freenode.
I’m not the gamer I once was, but I still enjoy time spent on my Wii U, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and of course the PC.
I’ve written things before, which tend to get thrown up on HEXUS.net.
I’ve contributed the odd line of code to a couple of Free Software projects (Banshee and Mono notably), and spend plenty of time doing packaging-related tasks for Debian and Ubuntu
- Gamepark GP32 handheld games system (slashdotted)
- Rio Karma portable music player review
- Free/Open Source Software guide Part I
- Free/Open Source Software guide Part II
- Free/Open Source Software guide Part III
- Gaming with Linux editorial, including Lucas Smithen interview (slashdotted)
- Interview of Michael Robertson, CEO of Linspire Inc (slashdotted)
- Home Media Server guide, based on Ubuntu Linux & MythTV
- Linux on PLAYSTATION 3 analysis
- Via EPIA Pico-ITX PX10000G review
- ATI versus NVIDIA on Linux comparison